Today, Lisa and I talk about our relationship with food, how stress and some foods cause inflammation in our bodies and why we should care.
Lisa Consiglio Ryan is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and founder of Whole Health Designs. Spending years struggling with a growing arsenal of health-destroying conditions that ranged from fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, candida and rosacea to cystitis and tons of allergies, she decided to turn to nutrition and lifestyle to reclaim her health. Then pursuing her education with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, she turned her personal quest into her vocation with the launch of Whole Health Designs.
Lisa provides seasonal detox programs, meal planning and private coaching for those who desire to embrace “clean living. “ She also provides juice cleanses to local clients and leads wellness retreats in Costa Rica.
As a nationally acclaimed wellness expert, Lisa has worked with thousands in her Renewal 10 Day Detox programs. Her work has been featured in Fitness Magazine, TinyBuddha, Elephant Journal, Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Life, Good Life Project, The Daily Meal, and Mind Body Green. She is also the author of Renewal Anytime 10 Day Detox and her new book, Go Clean, Sexy You: Your Seasonal Detox and Clean Eating Guide will be available late 2015.
Lisa is also a mom, triathlete, yoga lover and green juice drinker.
Here’s what Lisa and I talk about:
- How one childhood comment devastated Lisa’s confidence later feeding a toxic relationship with food.
- Experiencing several autoimmune disorders by age 30 was the wake up call she needed.
- Food is now her tool of love.
- Good food versus bad – “I was bad today”
- Body clutter = no longer being able to tap into our truth and inner wisdom.
- The easiest thing to control to improve our well being.
- Alkaline versus acidic balance and the role of toxicity in our bodies
- Strive for a pH of 7.364
- Stress is the biggest cause of inflammation. Who knew!
- Cortisol rises and protects your body from the effect of stress = weight gain.
- Perfectionism causes stress…again weight gain. I see a theme!
- #1 Rule striving to achieve more. Slow the F* down!
- Nature growth cycle supports us during the seasons.
- What causes acidity?
- How inflammation affect us.
- Old habits die hard…even for experts like Lisa.
- What are we choosing – are we using food or is food using us?
- What to expect with detoxing.
- My struggles of detoxing and juicing. Hint: drink 4-6 juices a day
Lisa’s Practical Tips + Gift for Academy Members:
This content is for Premium Academy members only. Please upgrade your membership to access this material.
Connect with Lisa
Get the new episode every Sunday – SUBSCRIBE to the show
Click below to tweet some love!
If you enjoyed this episode, head on over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review!
This Episode’s Sponsor
Click below to learn more about the SPARK Spiritual Academy.